Saturday, October 06, 2007

R-I-P-O-F-F

Let’s play a little game: What movie am I thinking about? It’s a CGI animated family film that takes place undersea with an all fish cast. Some of the supporting cast characters include a pufferfish, a seagull, a starfish, and a bad guy shark who chases the hero fish in an exciting shark chase sequence. Did you guess “Finding Nemo?” Did you guess “Shark Tale?” In that case, you’re wrong on both accounts.



I watched an advertisement for this one this morning when I was watching television. I really find it amazing that some company out there had such a stunning lack of creativity that they actually had to make such a blatant and obvious ripoff. And to make matters worse, they’re actually being distributed by Warner Bros. Don’t worry, folks. It’s not coming to theatres any time soon. This lousy flick is coming to video soon after it’s stunningly poor small release last year. Or at least I assume it was a small release, since I sure don’t remember it. And if that doesn’t say bad movie, consider that the lead voice actor is Freddy Prince Jr., an actor I wouldn’t be so critical of if he didn’t have such a poor taste for what movies to be in.

But the biggest rip off of all has to come from the movie’s original title: “Shark Bait.” I kid you not, folks. Sorry, but I’ll save my “Sharkbait, Ooh hah hah’s” for a much more respectable feature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home