Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Someone up there wants me to suffer

Here's some back story for ya. I always loved Scooby Doo, but the live action movies sucked. I always loved Garfield, but the movie sucked. Inspector Gadget I once liked more, but I gradually grew out of it. Either way, I still had a firm grasp on the characters and the environment when the movie came out and let me tell you that sucked too. Although the straight-to-video sequel did try to be more like the show in many respects and for that, I actually liked it. Are you beginning to see a pattern here?

Now, take into consideration that I never saw the Thunderbirds TV show or read a single Daredevil comic. I enjoyed the movies made out of those, but ask anyone who knew the series and they'll tell you otherwise. So basically, I'm pretty sure that in most cases, Hollywood doesn't give a shit. Certain exceptions were The Flintstones (Which I liked and it was accurate) and Tomb Raider (I thought it sucked, but so did the games and therefore it was accurate), but what's their problem when it comes to accuracy? Most movies based off of video games failed to be accurate too.

Now, I take you to the link above. The Chipmunks are a well-cherished childhood memory held byu many people of many generations. I'm not one of them. Most of my life I have found them unattractive and sometimes rather annoying. But they do make nice material for spoofing. However, I did watch the show a number of times and I'm pretty sure that already the producers have decided that they're going to fuck it up. The problem is that when they do, will I like it or not? I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed. Hollywood doesn't know any better. Something I'm going to have to work against in the business when I become bigger in the business and get the chance to remake an 80s cartoon myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home