Monday, August 29, 2005

Filmmaker's Blog, Day 1

Today, I began (or tried to begin) a venture into filming another scene for my movie "Amber." I also decided recently that this blog should be temporarily turned into a filmmaker's blog so that anyone actually interested in my life could see what went into the process.

Today, I was to film "Maggie's Scene" in my grandparents' house. In this particular scene, Maggie (one of the ghosts in the film) attempts to figure out what went wrong in her life that caused her to commit suicide. I got over there safely, with the kindness of my boss' mother, Maria. Maria was also kind enough to bake a cake that would be used as a prop in the scene. This was a huge help and I'll over her forever for it.

The problem though was my star actress failed to show up. Today of all days, she wound up having to take care of a sick cousin. This is disastrous on so many levels. I don't know how long it's going to take for her to take care of her cousin, nor how long this is going to put me back in terms of the movie's production. As for the cake, it'll hopefully still be used. If it takes a week though to get done with this scene filming, I'll be grateful to at least get it done. The cake might go bad though. We'll just have to pray.

I'm going to talk to her over the phone tonight. See if we can still get this done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home