Friday, January 20, 2006

Duh-M-V

I’m angry right now. I am VERY angry. But I will keep very calm in this blog while I tell you why You see, I’m 21 years old, I’m about to get an AA in Liberal Arts and I don’t have a driver’s license. I’ve already taken the driver’s test once and I spent the better part of this week studying for it. I’ve been studying on and off for the entire winter break. After last time I failed, I got about 15 out of 36 questions wrong. Pretty major right? So I decided to do the best things I could. I typed up the test on my computer with all the right answers. I went onto the DMV website to download their practice tests and study them as well. Learned some new stuff that way. I’ve tested myself all week until I nailed every last question. I was sure to get it right this time. Heck, I even studied in the DMV bathroom right before the test.

Well, I failed. I can’t believe it, either. How can you fail a written driver’s test twice, though? I’m going to take some heat here because I realize that I could have also looked at the manual during my study time. But here’s something else: the practice test only constituted for about half of the questions. Ay, there’s the rub. In short, the people who are supposed to make it clear of what I’m supposed to know are not doing so. They’re giving me questions, saying that it’s what I’m going to be tested on and then they DO NOT DO SO. Instead, I am subjected to questions that I have no clue as to what the answer is.

I shouldn’t have to copy down the DMV driver’s guide word for word to study for my written test. If I’m going to be tested on something, then they need to make it clear as to what I’m going to be tested on. Don’t just tell me “Oh, here’s some of the things you’ll be tested on. We won’t tell you the rest though. You’ll have to guess that for yourself.” Honestly, if this happens again, I’m screwed and have no idea how to rectify the situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home