Saturday, December 31, 2005

Whistle-Stop It Already

How does a young man like me spend his New Years Eve? By getting’ the cold shoulder from Whistlestop. And it’s about time too. Seems like they’re overdue. Either way, it’s a new story. Today was gonna be another work day, except the rain came down a little too hard and all the roads to my boss’ house were flooded. This I found out the hard way. And so, I had to call up Whistlestop and cancel our bus ride to the mall. Somehow, I knew we were going to be penalized for calling up and canceling late. We always are, so this time would have been no exception. I had to ask if we were going to be penalized and the woman said yes. I beg the question, what the hell? So I asked her why were being penalized and she said that we were at fault for this, therefore we must be penalized.

Quick recap: I got up way too early this morning, rode in a car across town and went through several large floods only to find out that every road to my boss’ house was blocked and I couldn’t get to work. I was about to be penalized for something that was out of my hands. How am I at fault for the roads flooding? Oh, that’s right, because humans can control the weather! We made the tsunami, we mad the hurricanes, and now we made the rainstorm! BS. So my dad asks for the phone, and I could tell he was kinda angry because he had that twinge of redneck tone in his voice that always comes out when he’s angry. And I was angry too, but he managed to talk her out of giving us a penalization. So that was that.

What kind of collective intelligence resides in a company that believes this sort of ****. Honestly?

Anyways, Happy New Years and all that jazz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home