Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas: Looking Back

Three cheers for the Egg Nog, kudos for desert
And the eating too much which made our bellies hurt
Lets hear it for stockings with trivia notes
And new party games with silly anecdotes
Thanks for the sweater, the raincoat, the shoes
Dad, I hope that joke book works when you get the blues
Thanks for the thirty bucks to spend as I like
And thanks for the new lock to put on my bike
Sarah, I think the watch wristband is dandy
I hope that you’ll find what I got for you handy
The toy plane is cool, I heard it goes fast
And I can’t wait to see it. Yeah, this rain won’t last
The trivia game for movies is perfect
I’ll have to keep playing it, ‘til it’s ineffect

Here’s to the given to, Mom you’re the first
May a fine adult fairytale quench your film thirst
For John, your new gloves, hope they are to your likin’
Cuz fingerless looks tough and mits are for bikin’
My gift exchange calendar, the bearer, take care
It has Bruce Lee on it. Drop it and beware
For my homies in South U.S., homeless or non
Have a happy Christ day and good New Years anon
And a happy “non-solstice” to Lee at
Right-Thinking
If he gets home safely from all that drinking
And here’s thanks to Jesus who started it all
Happy birthday to you, Oh King-of-the-mall
And to everyone else that I do hold so dear
Hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the movie and a wonderful Christmas! I love you!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home