Sunday, April 02, 2006

Leprechaun in the Hood

As of this past Friday, I’ve discovered that the phenomenon of group dynamics also includes mass stupidity. Actually, no, I knew that all along, however this is the latest in evidence that this is true. I’ve also discovered that it can lead to hilarious musical artistry

Click the link and all will be explained:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/leprechaun.html

An entire group of people believe that there is actually a leprechaun in their neighborhood living in a tree and, of course, bearing gold. Why, because the way that the moon shines on the tree at night creates an image that looks somewhat like a leprechaun.

Let me shed some light on the issue: As a child, I recall sleeping on a bottom bunkbed staring up at the wooden board supporting the upper bed and being able to pick out shapes that looked like figures. Later, when we moved into another house, I slept in a room with a window. The moonlight shining through the trees outside cast a shadow that looked like monsters outside my window. I have long since come to the conclusion that these images in the dark were merely figments of my imagination, but they were still quite scary and interesting at the time. I’m sure many people have experienced something similar trying to find shapes in clouds.

So here we have what appears to be an entire population of people, or nearly if you don’t include the guy with the shadow theory who seems rather sane, who believe that such a vision is real. And it doesn’t even look like a leprechaun either! To me, it looks like just another branch with moss on it. So I ask you after watching these reports, tell me just how stupid can some people get?

Oh, and happy belated April Fools Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home