Sunday, December 31, 2006

Way Past Cool

This is the news that older Sonic fans not so different from myself have been waiting for:

One of our retail friends sent over the bonus material and artwork for Shout! Factory’s Sonic the Hedgehog coming out on March 27, 2007. Special features will include:

  • Way Past Cool: A Conversation with Sonic Writer Ben Hurst
  • The Fastest Thing Alive: A Conversation With Jaleel White (“Sonic”)
  • A Printable “Heads or Tails” Pilot Script
  • Storyboard-to-Screen: “The Doomsday Project”
  • Animated Early Storyboards For The Opening Sequence
  • Deleted & Extended Sequences
  • Original Concept Art
  • Packaging Designed Using Sonic Fan Art


Basically, they’re releasing every single episode of the original series on DVD in one big fanny pack edition. This is the series that has had the largest, longest lasting fanbase in the so–called “Sonicverse” and they’d been talking about having it released on DVD for years. Now they’re not only releasing the full series, but giving it the Special Edition DVD treatment as well. I mean, come on. They’re including “Deleted and Extended Sequences” too? I have never seen a TV show on DVD that had that and believe me, Lauren and I have watched many an episode of “Touched by An Angel” on DVD. TV shows don’t get a DVD treatment like this unless they’ve made that certain kind of fan impact, m’kay?

Anyhow, before I close this blog out for the day I have two things to say. One is, Happy New Year and two is, I know like everyone else now that Saddam is dead. Which for me means that Lauren and I have a date at California Pizza Kitchen next week when she gets home from Boston. Seeya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home