Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Difference Between Left and Right

I’m proud to say that yesterday I finally had my first class at San Francisco State. I got into Intro to Filmmaking without any trouble; it was getting around there for the first time that was trouble. All in all, my day there was fine, but I did want to bring up one thing. One of the first things I noticed were posters all over the campus promoting an anti-war rally this Saturday. And I mean there were tons of these fliers all around this place. There more fliers than mildew collecting on the trees. Among these fliers were more fliers that had a picture of Karl Marx on them saying “Why Marxism still matters.” Basically, they point out on this flier the few good things a communist regime promotes, perhaps sometime before the regime plummets into corruption and genocide like practically every one out there.

BUT then there were OTHER fliers. Fliers which were actually fewer in numbers but represented another viewpoint. An on-campus group called “College Republicans at San Francisco State University” had fliers up around campus with the same picture of Karl Marx on them, only with a cancellation sign over the photo and text that read “Karl Marx got bitch-slapped by the invisible hand.”

Let me get one thing straight. I usually get turned off by any organization when they start cussing and name-calling at the drop of a hat. That’s what I got from the left when I decided to be a Republican from many people around me. Now, I see this attitude going from the right-wing to the left-wing. I don’t know now if I want to support this organization. My point is this: if you’re going to get support, at least try to appear proper.

I’ve been to their website now at www.GatorGOP.com. I’ve seen the videos they have on the site and I’m right now listening to their video podcasts. Basically, they are the most hated organization on campus just for being Republicans. The Muslim groups hate them for stepping all over a poster with the Hezbollah and Hamas flags on them, an activity that I can completely condone and agree with even. Their events have been basically attacked by most of the campus. Watch the videos on the site, listen to the podcasts and you’ll see just how much these guys are victimized. The schoolboard members want them out of their school.

All things considered, I think I’ll be seeing how I can support these guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home