Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Crazy Monday

I’ve been a hard working elf this summer. Not working at any particular job, not making much money, but I have been working nonetheless. On my show “Jaimetud,” on “The Good Sitter” and on other projects that my good fiends will be directing. And while I won’t be getting any money, the stories I accumulate during this time will be the stuff that Hollywood legends are made of.

This past Monday, I went out to film a horror short that my good friend L. D. Taylor is directing. Among other roles, I’m playing the lead killer. If you saw this episode of Jaimetud, you already know about it. In Monday’s scene in question, we shot the opening scene in which I was supposed to chase a girl across a creek bed, after afterward drag her dead body back across it the other way. Sounds easy, doesn’t it? Well, it sure wasn’t.

The last time we went to this particular creek, the water was about a foot deep and the current was pretty fair. When we went on Monday, the current was very much strong and wild and the creek appeared to be about two feet deep in some parts. Naturally, our star actress didn’t feel up for the task of being dragged across wild rapids, so instead the scene was basically rewritten to feature the villain (myself) braving the wild rapids to get to the other side and chase his victim.

And so filming went on as scheduled. Once the word “action” was shouted, I jumped in and marched across the creek. For the record, my costume includes a mask, dark jeans, a thick snow jacket, ski gloves and steel toed boots. And I’m about to cross at least 2 feet of raging water. Not only was the rapid strong enough to knock me off balance and make me struggle through the creek bed, but I found out the hard way that the creek was easily five feet deep in some areas.

Nevertheless, I went across this insane creek at least twelve times back and forth while Taylor got every shot that he needed. I fell off balance got washed a short ways down the creek multiple times and got totally wiped out by the experience. My legs still have bruises from the experience. But nonetheless, I had a great time, laughed hysterically the whole way and I can’t wait to edit the scene together.

The things you gotta do in this business, folks. Sometimes it’ll wash you away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home