Friday, January 02, 2009

Youtube Video of the Year

I know it’s a bit late to wish a Happy New Year, but I waited so I could do so in my own special way. I thought of possibly creating a list of videos I’ve seen on Youtube in the past year that I thought were just so darn hilarious I’d like to show everyone, but I was too darn lazy to find five videos. So I decided to narrow it down to just one.

I wanted something that was both funny and to the point. Something that has to do with the year itself. “Bambi Hits Puberty” is downright hilarious for exploring the naughtier side of one of Disney’s most beloved classics, but considering the classic quality of the film, it doesn’t quite qualify. It has nothing to do with 2008, so it gets honorable mention.

So perhaps the video of the year should have something to do with politics. Well, I already showed everyone “Barack Roll” on this blog and I feel the need to post something new if the video of the year is to be a surprise. So that’s how I decided on this one. Perhaps you’ve seen this video:



Don’t recognize this fellow? Or maybe you do, but you just can’t quite place the face. I’ll give you a little hint:



That’s right, folks. That man in the video is our incumbent Vice President Joe Biden. Almost COMPLETELY wasted and butchering the advertisement jingle for a retirement home. And yes, the video itself is from right off the campaign trail. So now that you’re probably thinking “Wow, do I have high hopes for the next four years,” fear not. For that is not the Youtube video of the year I have chosen. No, instead I have chosen this one:



In typical Youtube fashion, this anonymous talented individual (who’s nickname “OBAMA0808008” seems to reflect a grade school child’s undying love for our new president but his videos show the exact opposite) has shown to us all that anything can be remixed and made even funnier.

So on that note, Happy New Year and may the next year be full of more hysterical videos like this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home