Monday, February 07, 2005

2 Asses in the Hole

OK, I’ve been screwed over twice in a row today and I’m really pissed right now so I gotta tell anyone out there who’s willing to read this all about it. But to help the mood a little bit, I’ll start off this post with a little joke

What is the similarity between virginity and trash?
Dumb kids like to throw them both out the window.

Funny isn’t it? I made it up myself. Pretty friggin’ hysterical, considering that while it may be funny to you, it’s a pain in the ass for me. As a biker, I frequently encounter trash in the road that people throw out their car windows. Today, I encountered a a paperback book on how to draw hot manga girls. Not only was it ripped up, but the pages were thrown out the window at constant intervals of time so that a set of beautiful plants along the road were littered with somewhat trampy looking cartoon pictures. I just picked up the cover and left the rest because I didn’t have time to pick it all up.

What’s the use of having a county that’s mostly populated by peace-lovers and folks who want money to be put towards all the important things like city care if they can’t even keep the town clean? And why are we spending so damn much on teaching our kids why not to litter if it doesn’t work? I’m sure it does, but it could definitely work better than this. Do keep in mind that this isn’t the first time I’ve seen this happen. More and more trash is showing up everywhere every day. It’s disgusting.

And now on to the reason for being in such a hurry home. I had a few phone calls to make. I had to schedule an appointment with Whistlestop Wheels to take me and my boss to MacCentral in San Rafael this Saturday. Turns out we already had something planned for this week. This week, my boss was scheduled to go to the mall on Wednesday and then to his own work on Saturday. Sounds nice except for the fact that WE HAD THAT SCHEDULE FOR LAST WEEK…BACKWARDS! Last week, it was work on Wednesday and the mall on Saturday.

What’s wrong with this picture? Whistlestop Wheels is a bus service made to take the handicapped citizens of Marin County wherever they want to go whenever they want. The problem is that the place is run by a bunch of obvious incompetents who have screwed up our schedules dozens of times. They have changed our schedules without letting us know, cancelled our trips altogether without our consent, all of which they’ve done dozens of times…and now they’ve stooped to an all new low! This time they’ve given us our schedule from last week backwards this week and we didn’t even have to call them up! To top it off, they’re doing this shit more and more often. Now it happens every other time we schedule something with them.

Is this the way to treat the handicapped? Should a system that is created to treat the handicapped like human beings do the exact opposite? No. No way in hell. I hope we can afford to take legal action against them because this is downright irresponsible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home