Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Animated Blasphemy

Looks like the latest company that promises to bring us holiday cheer several months ahead of time is DreamWorks

10/05/2005: "Penguins rundown"

Steamin' hot off the DreamWorks Animation press comes the following synopsis for The Madagascar Penguins in A Christmas Caper the short feature playing with this Friday's release of Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit and directed by none other than Beauty and the Beast's Gary Trousdale:

THE MADAGASCAR PENGUINS IN A CHRISTMAS CAPER

Read the article if you want the scoop on the plot, but I have a separate point to make. I go down the hall at the mall and look into stores, only to notice that some stores like to sell their holiday trinkets a heck of a lot too early. The American Greetings store, for example, sells it’s tree ornaments as early as July and at Costco you can get those dopey Rudolph ornaments I think almost any time of the year. Aside from that, I can recall numerous occasions in which I’ve turned on the television to watch my favorite and not so favorite shows as they decided to show their Christmas episodes pretty much any time of the year that it suits them. Cartoon Network, for example, celebrates “Christmas in July” by running a long block of Christmas cartoons in July.

So I ask you: Do you have any idea why I’ve ready for Christmas to over by the time it comes for so years in my life? It’s because I’m treated to fakey Christmas crap all year round. Now I’m going to go see “Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit,” a movie that I’ve been anticipating for years now, and I’m going to be forced to watch six minutes of a Christmas special in the middle of October. You see how they do me? Buggers.

By golly, if I ever make a Christmas movie or special, I’m waiting until the right time to show it. Besides, you don’t see them doing this to Halloween specials do you? Wonder why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home