Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Love Stinks

Let me start off this article by simply saying this: why can’t some people be honest when it really matters? Seriously! I kinda need to vent here a little. I am 21 years old and not once in my life can I say that I’ve officially had a girlfriend. I mean yeah, I admit when I was ten, I went for it with a girl who was a little younger than me and we had a sort of “Alfalfa and Darla” thing going on, but that was it. I would REALLY like to know when my chance comes that I actually get to be with someone for real.

Let me recap: Both semesters this year, I’ve spent a good deal of time looking for someone at COM. In my classes, I might add, because that is the best place to meet women who have the same interests as you. I’ve met two girls this semester I thought I might like to try and get to know. One I know from my Philosophy class, the other in my Voice class. For the sake of protecting the innocent, yadda yadda, I will refer to these two people as One and Two.

So earlier on in this semester, I got kinda interested in One because we were both taking Philosophy and she expressed an interest in screenwriting. A rather STRONG interest. Or maybe I just misread that. However, there came a day where it no longer seemed as though she was interested in talking to me. And all that took was just a few times we ran into each other. Heck, I even ran into her on the bike path on the way to class. We exchanged a few statements and all I had to do was ask her how she was. I swear I saw this girl crying suddenly, but I do know that she stopped talking to me and sped off ahead of me. Not a good sign.

I also noticed that we seemed to exchange glances in class and when I caught her expression, it wasn’t very positive. She came into class late one time. I looked her direction briefly, as I do every time someone comes in late. She was heading towards the front of the classroom, but did a 180 and went to sit with a friend in the back of the classroom. I thought to myself, maybe I’m misreading these eyes messages. But then, if she really wanted to hang out with me, maybe she would like my video. She had told me earlier on that she wanted to see my video of the Mexico mission trip my church took, which by the way made $94 dollars this past opening weekend (Woohoo.) So I lent her a copy a week and a half ago. She returned it last Thursday and said I did a good job, but she seemed in quite a hurry to leave. Gee, I wonder why.

Which brings me to my point: She seemed so interested in possibly hanging out over a month ago. How come she suddenly acts like I’m a stalker after I’ve only tried to speak with her a few times? Did she only say that she wanted to see my video because she could, or did she actually want to see it? Do I scare people? Oh well. I think if I’d gotten as far as asking her out for lunch, I’d have been disappointed at that rate. Besides, her friend who she talks with has funky pink hair and the ugliest “Bush is Evil” sticker on her notebook you’ve ever seen.

Anyway, I’ve given up on One. Two, though, seems a little more interesting though. And she has a bit of a story as well. Let me elaborate on Two: She’s the one from my Voice class and she’s got a really good singing voice. Technically, I’ve already hung out with her once, but I didn’t ask. I just happened to notice her and we chatted. She seemed very talkative, which is a good thing. She also likes Anime and some video games. And she’s got pretty red hair ^_^. Blondes may have more fun than brunettes, but redheads come practically once a generation.

So I asked her out to lunch last month. She agreed, but disappeared literally the day after I’d asked her. No one ever saw her again until yesterday, but that’s because she had a major case of toncilitis. Must’ve been bad if she was out for a month. And here I was starting to wonder if she’d skipped town to avoid having lunch with me. BUT, as it happens, we’re scheduled for next week, one of those days. I just hope it goes well. Otherwise, I can start singing “Owner of a lonely heart” out loud in the middle of public with my own musical number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home