Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Bad Egg in the Basket

Well, I witnessed a large number of people WALK OUT of my Political Sciences class today, but I don’t know why for sure. Who knows, it may be in response to the whole “World Can’t Wait” deal. I shouldn’t assume so though.

Anyway, I read this news and I have to wonder. Japan is that nice scenic place across the sea where they make some of the newest kinds of horror movies, create some of the neatest technology and come up with basically a whole lot of innovative, technological stuff. Basically, some of the most brilliant minds are Japanese. Except for THIS guy:

SHIZUOKA — The driver of a passenger car dodged a cat and the vehicle crashed into a line of nursery school children in the city of Shizuoka on Thursday afternoon, injuring 36 children and an adult looking after them, police said.

Five of them were injured seriously in the accident which occurred on a road with one lane on each side at around 1:10 p.m., firefighters said. The children are aged 4 or 5, and the adult is 23. The police arrested the driver, Akira Yano, 59, on suspicion of inflicting injuries caused by negligence.


Honestly, how stupid do you have to be to injure 36 people with a car? “Oh, I see that cat in the road. I guess I’ll swerve into that large throng of kids over there?” And he didn’t just hit a few people, he hit a crowd. I can understand if he hit someone around the edge of the crowd, but what did he do? Plow through them? What the hell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home