Thursday, June 01, 2006

Filmmaker’s Blog, Day 2: Still sticky blood

Wow, today was short. So short in fact that I got to get home and make enough time to blog on this day today instead of tomorrow. Lucky me!

Filming today only took an hour and a half, but that’s what happens when you only have a few shots left and you’ve scheduled more than enough time to film with. The blood on the blouse was still stuck and still ready for filming. I didn’t need to reapply any blood or anything, just have Molly put the blouse back on and it looked fine. Before we did though, my grandfather met up with us and decided to do something I was afraid of: start discussing politics. If there’s a lesson I’ve learned about projects like these, it’s that it’s a good idea usually to avoid discussing politics with people. You may offend someone and they might now want to work anymore after that. Fortunately, Molly was not offended. Thank God.

Teardrops are like applying blood. Usually, a small bottle of Visine will work, but in this case since my actress had contacts, she had to bring her own stuff that she uses to clean her contacts and use that instead. Also, make sure you begin filming right after application. This stuff drips fast.

After filming, I got to take the cake home, but not before letting my grandmother have a piece. I feel now I should probably tell the story about the cake. Last week, I ordered a cake from Safeway and asked them to have it ready for Monday so I could film with it on Tuesday. The problem was, We had to cancel Tuesday due to my grandmother’s doctor appointment, so we didn’t go to Safeway on Monday. Big mistake.

If there’s part of Safeway policy which I find irritating, it is the idea that they have to either eat or throw away cakes that people don’t pick up. Needless to say, I was without a cake and had one afternoon to make one myself. So I used one of those Betty Crocker cake mixes and I came up with this:



All together now: “Ghastly, isn’t it?” Fortunately I have discovered that my terrible handwriting aided with only a spoon has resulted in a more spooky looking cake than any cake I would have gotten at Safeway. And so, I guess it worked after all.

Bleh, I gotta cut out of this short blog now to dump today’s footage to my hard drive. I think I’ll take a nap while my computer works on it. See y’all later. Oh, and if any actor reads this that’s between the ages of 20 and 30 and is interested in stepping in for next week on short notice, leave me a message in the comments and I’ll get back to you. Thanks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cake was yummy (and spooky)!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home