Sunday, March 04, 2007

New Numa Hey!

Well, I realized that it’s been a few days since my last update saying that I would let you all in on how the filming went for the music video. So I’ll start off by saying something rather unfortunate: we ain’t done yet.

We arrive at our shooting spot fairly early in the morning where I spent the next hour or so clearing the studio out for filming. Believe it or not, one can really take advantage of a low lighting setting such as the one we’re using for this video. With only a few studio lights in place and several objects moved out of the way, the TV studio was transformed into a night club.

We had all the pieces in place for a perfect shoot. Actors and friends were coming in from all over to star as extras in this short. There was just one problem. Coming up on 3:00, none of our extra actors showed up like they specifically said they would. We even went out around the campus looking for random folks on campus to star in this, but even then didn’t get all of what we needed. Note to self: many people are highly unreliable.

As an emergency action, we have scheduled another shoot for this coming Thursday, same time same place. We’re putting up more ads and sending out more fliers, anything else we can do. It’s this Thursday or bust, because we can’t really schedule too much time for other shoots on this same deal.

However, there were a few people who I’m very grateful showed up. Nick, Sarah, Lauren and Jackson, thank you all again for your contributions towards this production. They are greatly appreciated. As for the rest of the folks who seemed to agree to the project at first but didn’t show, thanks for nothing and I won’t be contacting you in the future.

Our time wasn’t entirely wasted, mind you. During the wait for other people to show up, we managed to film a few scenes with our lead actor, Keith, that didn’t necessarily need a large group of people there to shoot. After the shoot, I dumped all the footage right to my computer and immediately began tooling with it to see how well it worked. Needless to say, it’s working out perfectly fine.

I’ve already got at least one person for next week and I know I’m bound to get some answers from the fliers I posted up at COM. I just pray to God that this Thursday goes well.

Also, today was my grandfather’s memorial party. I can already say the old man would have been proud to hear what was said about him today. And, sadly, Lauren and I broke up. I’m not begging for anyone’s sympathy over these matters or anything, but I couldn’t go on this blog without letting everyone in on those two details as they were major factors in my life. I’ll just have to see though how life goes on without.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear that you and Lauren broke up. I know that she is taking it hard and misses you a lot. I hope someday you'll realize what you are missing through losing this relationship.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home