Thursday, June 14, 2007

Blunderdog

Blunderdog

You know, I’ve always thought it to be very creative that a big movie studio takes a classic cartoon franchise and makes it into a live action feature. There have been some good movies made in the past on cartoons, like The Flintstones, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and many other that unfortunately don’t come to mind right now. The problem is though, with this concept, there are many ways you can go wrong. If you’re not familiar with this topic, let me put it to you this way: some companies should never, ever be allowed to make movies based on cartoons.

My first prime example would be Warner Bros. This company is guilty of destroying Scooby Doo with it’s live action feature film and equally bad-looking sequel. Second, I will include 20th Century Fox for it’s live-action adaptation of Garfield and IT’S equally bad-looking sequel. The only problem here is, my opinion doesn’t matter so much considering that everyone flocked to see those abominations. Universal, despite it’s live-action Cat in the Hat, stands acquitted on all charges due to it’s history with The Flintstones.

But if there’ one company that should never, ever, ever make a live action movie based on a cartoon, it’s Disney. I’m sorry, I know that Disney has a reputation and history of beating all the other companies to the ground, but I haven’t quite forgotten Inspector Gadget, a movie whose sequel somewhat redeemed it. But they seem to be at it again. Here’s what I mean.

Underdog, 1964:


Underdog, 2007:

By the honor invested in me, the honorable Judge Jaimetud, I hereby declare the Disney company… GUILTY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home