Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Holiday Special Sentiments Exactly

In the wake of the greatest holiday of the year, I thought I’d share this video I just found on Youtube. I never liked Rankin-Bass’s claymation Rudolph special. To me, it’s boring, it’s cheesy and all in all illogical. What royally killed the special for me even as a young kid was watching little Rudolph be told by every adult he meets that he’s a freak for having an awesome nose. It would be one thing if other reindeer children were just making fun of him, but the have the adult reindeer and Santa himself basically say that the kid’s a freak and should therefore be hated just never made any sense. Sure, it’s in the song, but couldn’t they have made the adults more rational for that particular adaptation? Anyway, as far as I’m concerned, I’ll take “Will Vinton’s Claymation Christmas” any year over Rudolph.

That being said, here’s the video (semi-mature content warning.) Hope y’all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home