Sunday, October 24, 2004

Bleh

So after another run with the ole “no connection” deal again, I log onto AIM to see that 50 Iraqi soldiers were slaughtered. I clicked the link hoping to see that by Iraqi soldiers they really meant to say 50 Iraqi insurgents, something that would be common for the AIM news team, I read through it and found it to be actually mostly true for once. 50 Iraqi soldiers just fresh from a training mission were slaughtered by insurgents. Charming. If we’d done the same to them, it would be considered a victory on all accounts. If we’d taken nude photos of Iraqi prisoners, we’d never hear the end of it.

As for the rest of my day, I took my boss’ new laptop home yesterday so my dad and I could fiddle with it and get it upgraded. Yesterday, I tried to upgrade the damn thing while at work on his 56k modem. It took two hours to download the upgrade for Netscape Communicator and several more hours to find out that it wouldn’t work on his computer because it’s completely out of date. DESPITE the fact that it’s only 5 years old!

I played with his computer more today. This time, I tried hooking it up to the LAN network we have at home so that I could use the cable modem and not blow 6 hours on NOT upgrading. Didn’t work because there’s no driver upgrade available for his computer to be able to read the LAN USB connector. Makes me glad I don’t have to give it back to him for a week and a half because it’s going to take that long to make at least ONE upgrade.

And now I have to cram a bit for an Astronomy test I have tomorrow. I tried studying for it with my boss over the phone because we both needed it. I’ll just say that he’s likeliest to do worse on this test than the last one. ><.

Now then, if you’ll excuse me…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home