Friday, October 15, 2004

Hey Hey Hey, We’re bad at this!

Let me give you some back story here. I love Scooby Doo, I hated the movie, I love Garfield, I hated the movie, I thought Inspector Gadget was cool, the movie sucked worse than an Oreck vaccuum… I could go on and on about how bad Hollywood is when it comes to taking a perfectly good kids show and turning it into a live action movie. Except for “The Flintstones.” That was actually good. And maybe “George of the Jungle,” but I never saw the cartoon.

Anyhow, let me get to the point. I never liked Fat Albert nor did I ever see an episode of the show. Although I couldn’t go through life not having seen the advertisements for the full “Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids” collection on DVD.

But now, I see this:
http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=fatalbert

Hollywood can’t even get it right when it comes to cartoons that I don’t like. No offense to Bill Cosby or anyone else, but they got it wrong here too. Kenan Thompson, who I used to enjoy when I first saw him in “Good Burger” alongside his longtime comic partner Kel Mitchell, is the last person I’d choose to play Fat Albert… If I ever did a Fat Albert movie myself, that is. He’s just too short! And he apparently can’t keep the voice either!

Hollywood, if any of you morons are reading this, heed my warning: I won’t see it in the theatre, I’m not seeing it on video and I won’t even bother getting a hot copy. Next time you decide to make a movie based on a popular kids show, even if it was only popular 20-30 years ago, you need to either hire the people who worked on the show or the fans who obviously know the material better than you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home