Friday, December 31, 2004

Holiday Update

Alrighty. Looks like I haven’t updated my blog in a while. Well, here’s the 411 for those of you who are remotely interested.

The Grandparents arrived on Christmas Eve. They attended the Christmas Eve Church service with us and my buddy David and his family were there. I hadn’t seen David since the Oscars. He and I go way back, so it was good to see him again. I showed him stuff on my computer, as usual.

Christmas Day was a blast. I can’t remember half of the presents I got, but I did get a battery charger and batteries, a DV tape case, Divx Pro, a TV Tuner, a little plush puppy, and lots more. Plus the usual Christmas money.

Since then, I’ve been stuck with quite the dillemna. I’ve had a drive for over a year now and used to be my primary hard drive until my computer fried last year. Since then, the hard drive has been unrecoverable. Until now. Dad has a program on his computer that recovers fried hard drives, or whatever’s left of them, and reformats the drive for use. We’ve got the drive reformatted and now we’re putting it onto my computer as a slave drive for extra storage. Since we tried that though, the computer has not been able to recognize the drive and now, for some odd reason, it won’t read my other slave drive. I also had to reinstall Windows and remove an old CD drive that was busted. Now I’m stuck with a computer that runs, but all my life’s work is, as of yet, discontinued due to the fact that it’s on another hard drive. I can only pray that it is safe.

On the plus side, my Internet connection, which hasn’t been working for some time now, works again. Thank God for that.

I’ll let you all know the update on the situation as it unfolds. In the meantime, hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home