Thursday, June 15, 2006

Quick Revelation

As I sit here waiting for my brother to arrive so I can enjoy a weekend with him and my dad fishing at Beaver Creek, my mind goes back to a rather insulting situation I went through this morning. I heard a thirty second clip of “Where is the Love” by the Black Eyed Peas on Wal-Mart this morning and decided I’d pay 88 cents to buy it. Sounded nice, good vocals, nice message…Until I listened to the whole thing:

Overseas, yeah, we try to stop terrorism
But we still got terrorists here livin'
In the USA, the big CIA
The Bloods and The Crips and the KKK

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if the CIA were terrorists, wouldn’t these guys not be able to release this album? Or if they did, wouldn’t they be executed? That’s what terrorists do from my experience. What other B.S. do these guys have to say?:

Not respectin' each other, deny thy brother
A war is goin' on but the reason's undercover
The truth is kept secret, it's swept under the rug
If you never know truth then you never know love


Last I checked, we were at war to vanquish terrorism. Unless these guys think there’s some almighty conspiracy going on here. In any case, my revelation is this: the only song these guys made that will ever be any good is “Let’s Get It Started.” And on that note, I’m off on a fishing trip. Ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home