Saturday, September 04, 2010

The Saga Continues

Lately, I’ve been considering chopping both my hands off to stop myself from voicing my opinion on Youtube. That video on the so-called “GOP Job Killing Agenda” hasn’t yet stopped providing entertainment for me. Today’s comments come from Youtube user chriswpeiper:

In case you didn't know, the health care bill REDUCES the deficit and creates competition within businesses, which is good. Educate yourself BEFORE commenting.

My response:

Don't worry, sir. I keep myself educated. And last I checked (today), small businesses are already paying more thanks to the Health Care bill. That's not pro business and it's not helping.

And here’s what he had to say in response to one of my other comments:

Jamieturd, thats a lame argument. People could have gone to work but chose not to?! And actually, ever since Obama took office, unemployment started to go down and now jobs are actually starting to be created, something that hasn't happened under the Bush era for a long, long time.

Facts are hard to face sometimes, but lying to make yourself look smart is just plain wrong.

Time to whip out the guns:

Good. Now you've stooped to the level of name-calling and made yourself look childish. As for unemployment, don't make the mistake of atributing it to this administration's actions. Again, read "Basic Economics" by Sowell. The actions of this administration aren't what's going to help this economy.

You don't realize that there's a subculture of people in this country who simply don't want to work? I just got back from Louisiana. There's a large percentage of people down there who simply live off of welfare. You can find these same people in places like Chicago and on the streets of San Francisco. Heck, I know a guy whose wife tried to stop him from getting a job so that they could live off of food stamps. The people getting jobs back now are those like me who WANT them.

I must’ve said something to calm him down a bit, because he did come back to me with this:

Okay, so the economy is starting to recover, jobs are being created, and consumers are starting to spend more. Seems to me like the Obama admin, is doing at least something right. But, as you can see in the video, their colleagues don't want to help. As for people that don't want to work, sure it's true, what I'm saying is that is such a small minority of people and they're not the ones keeping our economy from recovering.

Here’s my response:

Thank you for being reasonable, but I still don’t agree. The economy is recovering thanks to it’s normal fluctuation. What the Obama administration is doing is putting regulations into place, which inevitably get in the way profits and cause harm to the economy. This is behavior typical of career politicians. They go for what sounds best as opposed to what truly is best.

Now, the Republicans DO want to help. It’s just that this video only gives you half of the story. This is why I’m subscribed to this channel as well as the “EricCantor” and “RepublicanLeader” channels. Republicans have offered alternatives since the first stimulus bill was created and they’ve been working on bills that don’t cost nearly as much nor do they enforce government intrusions that harm businesses.

What do you guys think so far? Is this saga of political banter getting long enough, or shall I post what he says as a response?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home