Monday, April 25, 2005

3D Learnin'

After the failure that was "Father of the Pride," it looks like someone in Hollywood is trying again:

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00003369.html

"Coming Soon states that while making a guest appearance at Star Wars Celebration III, held at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, this morning, George Lucas confirmed that a computer animated Star Wars television series is on the way, in addition to a live action series. Lucas also confirmed that the Star Tours thrill ride at Disney-MGM Studios will be soon getting an overhaul."

Not many people know this, but I have a secret. I'm not really a student at a community college. I'm really the ruler of Hollywood and I'm conducting a top secret experiment in to see if 3D is really the way to go. My hypothesis: it will fail, and I'm out to prove it.

No, I'm only kidding. However, I think it's important to take this into account. Each time in the past that a Star Wars cartoon has come along, from the "Ewoks" and "Droids" cartoons of te 80s to the even more recent "Clone Wars" miniseries, it has always been a real hit with audiences. If they made a 3D series out of the Star Wars universe, they would be spending more money and could risk less revenue. Or even worse: If this turns out to be as big a budget as "Father of the Pride," which it probably won't, and audiences decide that it's not good enough, which they probably will, it could be a disaster.

Sure, I remember 3D shows of the past such as "Reboot" and "Crash Test Dummies." "Donkey Kong Country" is a show I just recently got my paws on and tat was pretty cool too. Then again, those shows weren't as expensive as "Father of the Pride." But if George Lucas wants it to be that way, why risk losing so much money? Even Star Wars can fail, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home